“Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful” William Morris
Surround yourself with art you love! The most important aspect of choosing artwork is finding pieces that express your personality while enhancing the look of a room. Today artwork can be found in all shapes, sizes and styles, and knowing where to begin your search for the perfect piece can be difficult. The art and framing experts at Deck The Walls would like to give you some tips to get started on your search.
- If your tastes are traditional, consider landscapes or works of the Old Masters in a traditional frame.
- If you have more romantic taste, look to impressionist-style portraits, or photographs of couples in gold or silver frames.
- Photography in a black industrial-chic frame is a great option for contemporary interiors.
If you’re looking for something modern and eclectic, pick pieces with bold colors and graphic shapes.
- Choose artwork that complements the colors in your décor, but don’t try to perfectly match colors. The artwork will not stand out enough to draw the attention it deserves.
Consider scale when selecting your art. A large room with high ceilings will need a large piece of art, while small art should be selected for more intimate spaces where it can be appreciated up-close. A large, bold piece of artwork can be an excellent focal point in a small room.
- Art is a very personal decision, and it should reflect your personality. Look for artwork that reflects your personal interests and passions. If you love to travel, select artwork that depicts some of your favorite places to visit. Art should make you feel good when you look at it, so don’t settle for generic images.
- Don’t be afraid to mix things up. Very few people live in a décor that is strictly one style. If a modern abstract speaks to you, there’s no reason it can’t be displayed in a traditional room. The right framing treatment can create a transition from old to new.